Features of blogging11.08.2017
Seo site on WordPress11.08.2017
What are the advantages of an adaptive website design?
Adaptive site design, this is the name of the new trend in website design. At present, adaptability is one of the main indicators of the quality of the Internet resource.
Definition of term
Adaptive web design (with English "responsive web-desing") is the design of the pages of the site, which provides an excellent perception of the resource from any device. It can be a tablet, a laptop, a mobile phone, etc. Thus, you can view the pages of the site, regardless of what resolution and display format in the device. There is no need to expand some sections of the site to, for example, accurately click on the active link.
The adaptability of the design makes the image of the pages and material of the website appropriate for viewing from one device or another.
1. A wide range of devices with which you can freely use the World Wide Web. Currently, there is a large range of mobile devices, laptops and other devices with a possible entry into the network. All of them differ both in screen sizes and in their resolution, therefore, in different ways, and websites will be displayed on these devices. Therefore, it is very important that your site can be viewed equally well on any device.
2. Wide application of mobile gadgets and growth of mobile traffic. As more and more mobile devices with access to the Internet become more popular, the number of users grows. It is "mobile users" that already make up a large part of your target audience. And these users should not be uncomfortable when viewing sites, otherwise they will use a different resource, not yours.
3. Urgency of information. If your site contains a news or information tape, then users should always have access to it from the smartphone (when there is no possibility to view it from a stationary computer).
Key site differences with adaptive design from mobile application
Mobile version (application) of the website is specially developed for free access to the site from mobile devices. In addition, mobile versions allow you to view the site at any time without experiencing any inconvenience. But also mobile applications have some disadvantages:
• Each version of the operating system requires its own web resource application. Which will require other financial costs and time.
• The application needs to download. To get started with the mobile version, you must first download it. Many users do not do this, as some effort and time are needed. In addition, if the user does not use the application in the future, then the mobile version will not be downloaded either.
• Separation of traffic. When using a mobile application, site traffic may be small, since there is a separation of traffic to site traffic and application traffic. This is inconvenient from the point of view of promoting web resources.
• The need to integrate information into the site. With a mobile version, you either have to synchronize the site with the application, or optionally fill out the mobile version with the material.
The main difference between an adaptive design and a mobile application is that the same resource address is used, a single design, the management system does not change, and the content of the site is also unified.
But, of course, there is another side of adaptability. The most significant is the relative innovation of technology, therefore, the lack of good web designers and a knowledge base on the introduction of adaptive resources.